Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: So much for them sweeping the Angels!

June 29, 2021 02:58AM
PRYanksFan
I was thinking of the years that Sanchez, Torres, Andujar, Judge broke in with the club. Back then they knew how to play this game correctly. It wasn’t all about me,me,me. They knew how to go for hits and pass the torch to the next guy. I can’t understand how someone loses that sense of gamesmanship, and becomes selfish and only think about themselves. Pundits were touting this team as the team to beat for many years as these rookies matured. But somewhere along the way they lost their focus on how to play this game. Then they added Lemeihue, Voit and Cole. If they would play with the same intensity that they did when they broke in, this team would be a juggernaut in this league. Instead, we have to look up at the Rays, Jays, and even the Blosox to see their young players playing the game they way it should be played!

Judge, Torres, Andujar and even Sanchez is all about being "me, me, me"?

1. Judge is still a great player who has been injury prone.
2. Andujar had a serious shoulder injury which eventually got him to lose his job to Gio. I wonder where he'd be today if he never got hurt??
3. Torres is a puzzlement for sure, but he did have had Covid 19 TWICE since last winter. Could that possibly be effecting his performance at the plate?
4. Sanchez has been a disappointment after his rookie and second year. Sometimes pitchers and teams figure out how to pitch to a player after they have video of him to pick apart. Some players aren't able to adjust after the adjustments are made on him. Could that be Gary's problem, or is it that he just doesn't care?

I wouldn't call these players selfish and all about being "me, me me" as you put it..

Have you ever played the game? Were you able to place the ball where the fielders weren't? Would you agree that hitting a baseball is one of the most difficult things to do in sports? And before you say, "well, I'm not a MLB player and they are". Well, they're facing MLB pitchers at a time where so many of them are throwing 100 mph!!

You mentioned looking up to the Rays, Jays and Red Sux... Well, maybe it's not the selfish Yankee players, but the fact that those three teams have better analytic teams, and better scouting? For years I got on Damon Oppenheimer's case for being a LOUSY scouting director. Then he was taken off the hook after the rebuilding Cashman's trades of Chapman and Andrew Miller which boosted the farm system.... for a while.

There's the problem with this team right now. How this team has been put together. Not the players themselves being selfish and being all about me, me, me.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So much for them sweeping the Angels!

PRYanksFan336June 28, 2021 10:24PM

Hitman23175June 28, 2021 11:07PM

PRYanksFan179June 29, 2021 02:11AM

Hitman23177June 29, 2021 02:58AM

PRYanksFan175June 29, 2021 12:56PM

toga169June 29, 2021 01:23PM

toga171June 29, 2021 01:18PM

unclekevin183June 29, 2021 04:28PM

PRYanksFan178June 29, 2021 07:25PM

unclekevin179June 29, 2021 07:28PM