Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What I'd like to see tomorrow

August 18, 2019 08:25AM
umpires need to stop trying to dominate the game - keeping control is one thing but that's not control. Gardy isn't doing anything wrong or at least HAS NOT been told - in Toronto the jerk didn't even look in the dugout & just ejected him. Yesterday Cuzzy acted like he had a vendetta - no warning just ejection. Let the umpires be held accountable. Players (with one notable exception) face the media after games - Gardy was front & center again answering questions. The umpire facing media questions wasn't Cuzzy & gave a well it wasn't my call type answer. Much as I like UK's idea - it's more important to stay focused on winning HFA for the playoffs.
After Torre's remarks about Gardy's \Toronto ejection, I wouldn't have had him partake in Mariano's pre-game celebration. I don't care if he is in the Commisioner's office = all the more reason not to have included him. That office needs to harness the umpire's flexing their authority in games with results that could effect not only a game but division or playoff results - he wasn't throwing anything = what's next ejecting the fans for banging on walls around the Stadium. Passion, excitement are spontaneous results - go back to let them play philosophy. No one was disrespecting the umpires nor the game -
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What I'd like to see tomorrow

unclekevin662August 17, 2019 09:32PM

toga355August 18, 2019 08:25AM

Hitman23392August 19, 2019 08:14PM

toga345August 20, 2019 09:18AM