Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Wild Card Opponents?

August 16, 2018 06:54AM
First of all we aren't even assured of the WC UNLESS this team gets its mojo back and starts playing winning baseball. Houston/Oakland/Seattle are all in position to take the West & the 2nd WC. The Yankees don't play well on the Left Coast & facing Verlander is no picnic - so any way you slice it the WC on enemy turf is going to be a battle. At this point we don't have two aces ready for post season - neither Severino nor Tanaka are reliable at this stage of the season. It's highly unlikely that we catch the Sux BUT in baseball it ain't over till it's over or we are mathematically eliminated. Only the O's have been eliminated from post season. A wild card winner needs two dependable starters max - we don't have one. No offense to Happ & Lynn - they're proving good but middle of the rotation not ace.
As for Cessa, that decision was not Boone's - that comes from the brass. I hold little hope that Cessa will ever be a reliable starter at least in NY. I'm trying hard to accept some of the decisions being made in the name of the "40 man roster" - I accept the trades made in July prior to Judge's injury - no one knew we might need McKinney or another OFer. Plus originally they expected Judge back in 3-4 weeks and not gonna happen. Hope that Cash picks up another OFer to take pressure off Walker - who's doing his best but until Stanton can play some right again we need an experienced fielder. At this point I doubt we see Clint Frazier before ST.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wild Card Opponents?

unclekevin751August 15, 2018 05:20PM

Hitman23439August 15, 2018 09:00PM

PRYanksFan423August 16, 2018 12:15AM

toga406August 16, 2018 06:54AM

PRYanksFan423August 16, 2018 01:41PM