Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Michael Kay ripping Aaron Boone

August 10, 2018 10:07PM
The trouble isn't with Aaron Boone - it's with saber or cybermetrics. Managers are not allowed to manage any more - the human element is being taken out of the game. Walker should have been in the lineup - but the computers are spitting out names. Give it time and the games will be played electronically. The shifts are ridiculous at times - more players should take advantage & bunt or hit away from the shift a few times/ BTW the same sabermetrics said Tanaka shouldn't have given up those home runs and the Yankees shouldn't be getting their a$$e$ blown away by the Rangers. Maybe it's time to put the human factor/gut feelings back into the game. If a guy is hot, you don't bench him. Sorry but I'm just not a fan of computers dictating game plans - after all Joe G wasn't offered a contract because he did the human thing and reprimanded Gary Sanchez for lackadaisical play among other things. Managing the Yankees is not an easy job but it shouldn't depend on coddling the egos of young men. I'm really pissed with tonight's lineup and the little league style play. The earlier cohesive feeling seems to be missing - can't blame it all on injuries to Sanchez, Judge, Lasagna, Germain/ I could go on with this rant but why bother.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Michael Kay ripping Aaron Boone

unclekevin907August 10, 2018 04:37PM

Hitman23521August 10, 2018 04:52PM

toga532August 10, 2018 10:07PM

Hitman23495August 11, 2018 01:05AM

PRYanksFan524August 11, 2018 01:13AM