Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Miracles Run Out

October 20, 2019 07:37AM
I had to wait on this so maybe emotions/anger would not write it. This season of 2019 MLB has ended for me; one bad pitch to the little dweeb. The frustration of this loss is knowing that we had a chance to win every game - just one key hit would have had different outcomes. As the cloud of despair & bitterness begins to separate, let's remember what was accomplished since ST. This Team has been resilent coming back from every adversity beginning with 30 players many of them starters hitting the IL; Stanton & Severino played in only what 21 games between them. When a starter went down, Green & Co. would give us a quality bull pen game. Until he crossed the line, Germain stepped up as a solid starter with one of the best records. That was a big loss for the pitching staff. The pen was without Betances for all but two outs. It's been a next-man-up team all season - how many guys were called up from AAA to contribute and some like Urshela, Taucman, even Germain made their marks. Didi spent the first 3 months recovering from TJ surgery and never got back into the full swing.
Between Stanton & Encarnacion (who won't be back next year) the DH spot in the ALCS was quiet - Stanton hit a homer in game 1 but spent 2 3, 4 & 6 on the bench with a lab strain.. Reminded of the Sheffield year where he was out but returned the last few games and was put on the post season & flubbed. BUT these guys gave their all 0 CC even pitching his arm 'off". Gleyber a 22 year old stepped up & led the team in HRs; missing a bit of timre Sanchez still had 34 of his own - Romine filled in adqwuately as the back up catcher along with Kyle Higoshia. DJ came via FA and was the MVP of thre team from Day 2 (wasn't in the OD lineup)There was so much team effort; players who didn't anticipate playing in the majors who stepped to the plate or the mound.
Now for the Yankees and their fans the "Fat lady sang" - though in the Steinbrenner philosphy it was a failure, I'm proud of the way these guys played all season - maybe later today or tomorrow I'll start to speculate a little bit for my 2020 team out llook. For now I need to digest the good, the bad, the ugly (that would be Houston) and go shopping smileys with beer to a resilent team & its loyal fans.
If anyone wants to say I'm not a real Yankee fan, say it to my face not online where I can't punch your lights out - no one challenges my loyalty thumbs up
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Miracles Run Out

toga635October 20, 2019 07:37AM

Re: The Miracles Run Out

Hitman23355October 20, 2019 09:03AM