Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Meet Steve Swindal Jr., the 35-year-old potential successor to Yankees throne

March 07, 2024 11:09AM
Word would come that an opponent was promoting a player to face the Yankees. And from 2014-17, it was the responsibility of Steve Swindal Jr. and Matt Ferry to input the video and scouting information.

The Yankees were still using an outside third-party platform. So this was done manually. It would take at least a half hour, perhaps up to an hour. And when either Swindal or Ferry was away from the park on personal time, they had to contact each other to determine who could more easily make an excuse to family and/or friends for the painstakingly detailed work of clipping video and redoing reports so, say, Mark Teixeira or a coach could learn in time for first pitch about a potential opponent.

Swindal calls it possibly “the least favorite thing” he has had to do with the Yankees.

Because often the grunt work did fall to him — the grandson of George Steinbrenner, the nephew of Hal Steinbrenner, and very possibly the man who will take the baton from both to one day run the most recognized sports organization in the world.

“I know the connotation of nepotism,” Swindal said Wednesday in a suite overlooking the field named for his grandfather. “I know what comes with that. I want to at least show to the people here that that’s not who I am. And I hope I’ve accomplished that.”

[nypost.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2024 11:10AM by Hitman23.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Meet Steve Swindal Jr., the 35-year-old potential successor to Yankees throne

Hitman23133March 07, 2024 11:09AM

Re: Meet Steve Swindal Jr., the 35-year-old potential successor to Yankees throne

toga74March 07, 2024 12:43PM

Re: Meet Steve Swindal Jr., the 35-year-old potential successor to Yankees throne

Hitman2377March 07, 2024 01:16PM