Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Judge will not need offseason surgery on right big toe

August 16, 2023 04:36PM
ATLANTA -- Yankees manager Aaron Boone revealed Tuesday that Aaron Judge won’t need offseason surgery on his right big toe.

“I don't think surgery is in the plans,” Boone said. “We're not at the offseason yet, but he's doing pretty well. The fact that he's been able to play a good amount of games in the field, I think it's a testament to that. And then just even seeing him move around the bases a little bit, I feel like I've noticed a fairly steady improvement in that area.”

The reigning American League MVP tore the ligament in his right big toe when he crashed into the right-field bullpen gate at Dodger Stadium on June 3. He returned on July 28 against Baltimore.

Before the injury, Judge slashed .291/.404/.674 with 19 home runs and 40 RBIs through 49 games. When he went to the IL, New York sat at 35-25 -- six games back in the AL East. However, the team went 19-23 (the fourth-worst record in the AL over that span) while the slugger was out.

Since returning, Judge has a .260/.456/.460 slash line with three homers and five RBIs through 16 games (15 starts) entering Tuesday.

[www.mlb.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Judge will not need offseason surgery on right big toe

Hitman23115August 16, 2023 04:36PM