Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Off-Day Thoughts

June 12, 2023 08:27AM
We're blaming certain players for recent losses; not having Judge in the lineup, even Boone for mismanaging. Yes Rizzo is 0-24 since Judge went down and 1 hit since his return from the neck injury. Volpe is struggling mightily with an occasional glimmer but since making the final out in 2/3 losses to the Sux; Torres made an error that led to the tying run last night. BUT notice that we've struggled to score more than 3 games for how long now. No one is stepping up for the clutch hit. I held off criticizing the batting coach, Dillon Lawson. He made a remark a couple weeks ago that I still can't comprehend regarding Volpe's struggles at the plate - paraphrasing to the effect that he doesn't pay attention to the numbers like BA, Volpe is making hard outs. Think maybe that's part of the problem. For years, we've been listening to similar remarks don't care about the average, it's the home runs. Well we're finding out again the home runs aren't always there and not always enough. Cash started getting some contact hitters, but those guys are not delivering DJ, Gleyber (needs to get back to the contact hitter he was early),. IKF is surprising lately coming in with some clutch plays in the OF and hits at the dish.

Have you noticed how Sanchez is hitting in SD, Hicks in Baltimore? Sanchez came up with a hot streak, like Volpe, or Gary's lasted for the remainder of his first year. Then someone started messing with his stance, his catching and it all went downhill even getting Joe G let go and Boone brought in. I've said this before let's think who hasn't been replaced -at least as far as we know- the analytic crew which just keeps getting bigger. Those guys are invisible and not held accountable - time for Cash to wake up and smell the roses. Replacing managers or coaches with guys who have similar ideas doesn't cut it - we just get more of the same. Saying the manager is allowed to make his own decisions is one thing, EXCEPT if it is contrary to the analytic invisibles, his job is on the line. Time to houseclean behind the scenes and hold the analytic crew accountable for what's going wrong with the Yankees.

I can accept losing don't like it but realize it's part of the lesson I learned with the cold water slap in the face in 1959 when the Yankees didn't make the WS for the second time in my Yankeehood - in '54 was too young to pay attention. Not only was life simpler back then, but baseball as well. Still how can it be right to ignore BAs when you lack baseball basics - something apparently the current Yankee geek squad knows nothing about fundamentals and that starts with the batting coach.

Getting off my soap box and stop ranting- apologize guys.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Off-Day Thoughts

toga131June 12, 2023 08:27AM

Re: Off-Day Thoughts

PRYanksFan83June 12, 2023 07:26PM

toga70June 12, 2023 10:21PM

Hitman2390June 12, 2023 10:59PM