Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

On Another Note

October 16, 2022 09:35AM
I wonder how the Yankees & YES will react to remarks on the post game presser. Actually they (Michael Kay, Bob Lorenz, John Flaherty, Jack Curry and Paul O'Nell) spoke truth and thoughts many fans have thought and expressed. We've seen Ofers replaced late in close games for defense but not in this series. Cabrera is not just a rookie but also only minimum experience in the outfield. He is good but still learning - two plays in two games where he didn't make the catch. Flaherty said it best - getting the right jump off the bat an experinenced OFer makes the catch. O'Neill referred to it as lateral movement getting to the ball. Kay stated the obvious these balls need to be caught especially at this time of the year.

On the bench you have Locastro for his speed (has been used as a pinch runner) but also the much-maligned Aaron Hicks - not the dominating hitter but he has the experience and often gets the proper read especially when he's in LF to make those plays. None of this is a deteriment to Cabrera who is an exceptional young man with talent and great potential. He is a rookie with only two months experience in the OF not just at the major league level. Much as I don't like Hicks and wish he was gone, in this instance he just might have made the difference between being up 2-1 and facing elimination tonight. This factored with no 9th-inning closer cost dearly.

Enough of my venting - time to read and watch a few movies before the sports mind kicks back in for tonight.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

On Another Note

toga180October 16, 2022 09:35AM

Re: On Another Note

Hitman23108October 16, 2022 11:04AM

toga108October 16, 2022 12:05PM

Hitman23101October 16, 2022 12:10PM