Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here's a thought -

October 14, 2022 07:10PM
We all know that Aaron Judge turned down the Yankee offer for a contract extension before the season began. We know what followed and he was maybe upset wihen Cash disclosed figures. The season went on and nothing more was made of it until some SFG broadccaster stated on sports radio that there was friction between the team and Judge. So if that's true let's add in the fans booing him today Reminded me back in the '90s when a certain soon-to-be FA pitcher was in NY for playoffs and said fans dumped beer on his wife in the stands and so refused to negotiate with the Yankees. I said in the beginning that it really depends on how much he wants to be a Yankee whether if he stays - if he wants it bad enough, Cash/ Little Stein combo will make it work. Remember it worked for Jete remaining a Yankee for life (or sure he took a slight detour in retirement but not in his heart) even Bernie who was close to signing with the Sux sat down with Big Stein and signed a commitment on a napkin in a Fl restaurant because they wanted to stay Yankees. Same with Judge - we know how much it meant to Gardy - when the Yankees didn't offer him a deal, he refused every other offer made. What are the odds that once Judge gets his megacontract signed the injuries return?? He definitely won't be worth whatever deal is made at the tail end and fans will be ranting about a stupid contract - Would I be disappointed if he doesn't re-sign? Yes but I won't place the blame on the organization.

My PTSD rant following today's disaster as I watch the Phillies thrash the Braves eye rolling smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Here's a thought -

toga212October 14, 2022 07:10PM

Re: Here's a thought -

Hitman23128October 14, 2022 07:14PM

toga135October 14, 2022 08:00PM

Hitman23135October 14, 2022 08:48PM

toga124October 15, 2022 06:36AM