Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just Some Wandering Feelings

September 11, 2021 12:01PM
As Yankee fans we have been venting our frustrations with the way this season has been a roller coaster ride. This weekend as we remember 9-11 we ar realizing baseball is just a game - yes to those taking the field, manning the dugouts or training rooms, it's a job - but there are more important things in life. We look to baseball as an escape for even a few hours from our personal grief and heartaches That is true for me.

Sorry for the soapbox - this forum is dedicated to our Yankees, to America's past time and to the friendships we have forged here. Like many expressed when baseball returned in 2001 - it's our escape if for a few hours from our grief & personal problems. For me that was true on several occasions: the week my Mom died coincided with the timing that Bernie & George reached an agreement keeping him from going to the Sux. But no better example of the respite than 2004 when the Yankees started the season in Japan with games coming in the wee hours of the morning or late into the night - that was the week I was planning the funeral and burying my daughter. Those games were a godsend for me. on sleepless nights . Sorry for the soapbox - this forum is dedicated to our Yankees, to America's past time and to the friendships we have forged here. Like many expressed when baseball returned in 2001 - it's our escape if for a few hours from our grief & personal problems. For me that was true on several occasions: the week my Mom died coincided with the timing that Bernie & George reached an agreement keeping him from going to the Sux. But no better example of the respite than 2004 when the Yankees started the season in Japan with games coming in the wee hours of the morning or late into the night - that was the week I was planning the funeral and burying my daughter. Those games were a godsend for me.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just Some Wandering Feelings

toga331September 11, 2021 12:01PM

Re: Just Some Wandering Feelings

Hitman23169September 11, 2021 07:05PM