Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: .500

September 09, 2020 08:38AM
thumbs down I had that feeling last week with nothing to change my mind. The worse part is - I have no idea why these guys aren't functioning on all cylinders. The computer -generated day off thing seems to have increased injuries not keep players fresher; the entire medical/training staffs were revamped. The original starters are not picking up the pace - Happ pitched great last night one bad pitch that lost the game because no one was hitting. this is so remininiscent of the late 60's or even Stump Merill teams with one big difference - this team has the potential and is NOT PERFORMING. It's not just Sanchez (one theory for him has been that with all the focus on the knee-down for framing pitches he lost attention of hitting - I'll take a few pass balls IF he can start hitting like he is capabloe of doing. Tachman & Ford were they one-year wonders; Gardner is hitting way to not getting another contract; Miggy is beginning to catch fire; DJ has slowed down since returning from the thumb injury, could that linger so he's not comfortable holding the bat or swinging; Torres has looked lost at the plate; Hicks has pretty much sucked since getting his 7-year extension (and they wonder why the Yankees are reticient to offer contract extensions to wrap up young players). Right we're stuck four long contracts - (1) Gerrit Cole who has yet to dominant but might be getting close; (2) Hicks who had TJ surgery weeks after his extension and has yet to be consistent; (3) Luis Severino who signed his 7-year deal then missed nearly all of 2019 before finally having TJ surgery and missing 2020; (4) Giancarlo Stanton turning out to be a bust because he can't stay healthy. Aren't you glad Aaron Judge was given an extension 2 years ago - he has yet to play a full season outside of his rookie year?
Yeah I'm pissed with the lack of performance and expect changes during the off season - just wonder who the fall guy will be.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hitman23448September 08, 2020 09:46PM

toga263September 09, 2020 08:38AM

unclekevin261September 09, 2020 05:25PM