September 04, 2020 09:09AM
At first I wasn't going to 'voice' my thoughts but when he gave me nightmares, why not. Since he has rejoined the team following his bout with COVID-19, he has only one save & that wasn't without drama. Zack Britten tributes it to rust - but Chap of 2020 has yet to show much of a glimmer of the Chapman of 2019. He gives up gaming tying or winning long balls and just smirks. If he (as he says) isn't throwing deliberately at batters, then his control is a huge factor. Tuesday night against the peskies he was high & tight including one behind Brousseau's head to all three batters. A 3-game suspension is pending while he appeals it - had he accepted it he would be ready to return for the second game of tonight's Dher in Baltimore. Instead the suspension hovers while the team is heading into a grueling September with 10 games against Toronto, the team battling us fior 2nd place in the ALE. Joe Kelly had his suspension reduced from 8 to 6 (or something like that) - usually an appeal with reduce the suspension BUT in his very next appearance after throwing behind a player's head, he narrowly misses hitting another - wonder if MLB would set a precedent and raise the number of games???? The question running through my mind, has Chapman lost his control ? He isn't helping his teammates and his attitude doesn't reflect teamwork.
Zack was 8/8 in save opportunities before Chapman returned - Zack then landed on the IL and is still shaking of the rust. What's Chapman's excuse (none of which will be acceptable unless there is a physical injury) and that doesn't excuse his smarthy attitude when he blows a save.The nightmares were of him htting a batter in the head with the worst results and just smirking.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Chapman????

toga398September 04, 2020 09:09AM

Re: Chapman????

Hitman23210September 04, 2020 01:37PM

Re: Chapman????

toga238September 04, 2020 03:36PM