Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Harper v Strickland

May 30, 2017 05:55PM
Only because Bryce Harper is projected as a potential FA after 2018 with possibilities of coming to the Bronx do I even bring this up. Over 900 days ago he hits 2 home runs of Hunter Strickland in the playoffs. The Giants go on to win not just that series but the World Series. Fast forward to yesterday, Strickland faces Bryce for the first time since that game and drills him with a 98 mph fb in the hip. Harper charges the mound and the Giants react in slomo - deliberate hpb in everyone's mind though we can't read the mind. Suspensions will be coming BUT the thing is (a) it's been three years - too long to carry this type of grudge; (b) your letting your teammates down for a personal affront to your ego when they are struggling already; (c) expect the Nats to retaliate and it won't be Strickland but more likely Buster Posey who will be the recipient of the hbp.
The problem I have is in all probability Strickland will probably get five days - which for a reliever is only maybe two games. Harper will get more because of tossing his helmet BUT it's not fair. Pitchers - starters or relief- should get suspended games not days. I could say more but you get the idea - suspensions for pitchers need to games not days..
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Harper v Strickland

toga1350May 30, 2017 05:55PM

Re: Harper v Strickland

toga657May 30, 2017 08:00PM

Hitman23610May 31, 2017 04:25AM

toga644May 31, 2017 07:09AM