Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Quarantine" Thoughts

May 02, 2020 04:58PM
Maybe it's just me - but when the suspension was announced for a Cleveland pitcher, the unstoppable wheel began turning. Let's think about this - bear in my come courtesy of MLB 7 Rob Manfraud.
First, Domingo Germain received a speciified number of game so whenever MLB resumes he still has something like 63 games remaining. No year or season mentioned in either suspension. Maybe pre-COVID19 we might have accepted that - but the brain says wait & consider-

Houston & Boston are accused & suspiciously investigated for cheating which lead to WS titles. All punishments are no more than a slap on the wrist - the Houston fine a drop in the bucket; suspensions to Luchnow, Hinch & Cora for the 2020 season; a couple of draft choices. In ChawdahTown the only one who might suffer is a techie who was suspended for 2020 and then cannot hold a 'paying position' in 2021. I'mnot mentioning Beltran since it was the Muts who fired him & MLB couldn't touch him as player in 2017's scandal.

Bottom line - I do not condone either domestic violence or using illegal drugs - punishments are warranted BUT does it make any sense for one to overlap 3 seasons and the other since it comes early won't taken effect until 2021. We aren't talking about multimillion dollar players and IF 2020 doesn't take place they will lose most those salaries. On the other both teams invovled in cheating and perpertraiting fraud on baseball fans will not really be phased. Hinch & Cora will be able to be manage again IF baseball returns in 2021 - no harm no foul` I was raised to believe that cheaters never prosper - ' guess that doesn't hold true for Manfraud who shows no guts or integrity - Just bored afternoon thoughts eye rolling smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

"Quarantine" Thoughts

toga497May 02, 2020 04:58PM

Re: "Quarantine" Thoughts

Hitman23300May 03, 2020 01:18PM

toga282May 03, 2020 05:25PM

Hitman23286May 03, 2020 05:53PM