Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Joe Admits Screwing UP

October 07, 2017 04:23PM
One day after the New York Yankees manager opted not to challenge a hit-by-pitch call on Lonnie Chisenhall which led to a Francisco Lindor grand slam and an eventual extra-inning loss to the Cleveland Indians, the skipper revealed he made a huge error.
"I take responsibility for everything, and I feel horrible about it," he said, according to MLB.com's Bryan Hoch. "I screwed up. It's hard. It's a hard day for me. But I've got to move forward and we'll be ready to go tomorrow."

I won't argue with Joe- he made a bad decision and we all pay the price. Many managers would try to justify it rather admit he made the wrong decision. For most of the summer I felt this would be his swan song as a manager - at least while the kids are finishing school so he can be more Dad time. The decision may rest with Hal but I hope he does right and offers Joe the opportunity to leave on his terms and no bad feelings. We've seen how badly the Muts treated Willie Randolph - I remember the bad way George let Yogi go; Even Topping & Webb could have treated Casey better.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Social Media Is Not the Place

toga923October 07, 2017 01:11PM

Re: Social Media Is Not the Place

toga598October 07, 2017 03:27PM

toga503October 07, 2017 04:23PM

Giambino546October 07, 2017 08:41PM