Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: How I wish it rained now..

October 07, 2017 07:05AM
The Girardi haters are coming out in their glory following this take-the-wind-out-of-your sails loss. Decisions were made and Monday morning quarterbacks will second guess - now that they didn't work. Many of them are the same moves that worked so well on Tuesday. Cleveland is a much better team than Minnesota and takes advantage of most cracks given. Tuesday the bull pen - Chad Green & DRob in particular- were totally rested both physically and emotionally. Not so tonight so pushing them for those extra pitches, that one more batter caused disaster. Chad was also visibily shaken by the miscall of hbp - why Joe listened to the his video guy instead of his catcher who was there maybe I would know if I could have listened to post game (might be able to do that this morning) - there was nothing to lose. At least someone could have gone to the mound to calm Chad down before throwing that meatball to Lindor. Ronald Torreyes has been so fixed out his 'camera work' apparently he forgot how to run the bases getting picked almost immediately upon entering the game as a pinch runner - there is no excuse for that especially with so much at stake. Dellin pitched two solid innings but has not gone three - and this after one in Thursday's game. That covers the pitching and Joe G - what about the batters who failed to produce. Even scoring 8 runs there were unproductive bats. Judge worked a walk but was hitless in two games. Gardy, Hicks, Ellsbury, Didi (maybe gets a pass with his amazing glove), - there is plenty of blame but no excuses in a team loss but in all likelihood it will rest with managerial decisions. So as the ALDS moves to the Bronx bear in mind we could very well be watching Joe manage his final games in pinstripe - not necessarily because Hal won't offer him a contract but perhaps because it will be time to spend more time with his children before they begin heading off to college and careers. Before you start salivating this thought - careful what you wish for.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rain out maybe?

Giambino970October 06, 2017 09:53AM

Re: Rain out maybe?

toga507October 06, 2017 10:02AM

How I wish it rained now..

Hitman23546October 07, 2017 06:24AM

toga533October 07, 2017 07:05AM

Hitman23526October 08, 2017 12:52PM