Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Beltran to Texas - Nova to Pitt

August 01, 2016 04:25PM
As the trade deadline came to an end, Carlos Beltran has been traded to Texas - Rangers have made several moves and strengthened their potential including Lucroy. Yankees picked up some top pitching PROSPECTS. The minor league system is once again in good shape -- give credit to Cash for pulling off some good deals even though one upset me.
The Nova deal is being worked out for a player to be named - as Jack Curry stated this means both teams were in agreement that Nova is not worth a top prospect. Not to say he won't go there and work with their pitching coach and find himself. Something he wasn't able to do here especially since coming back from TJ surgery.
Now give us a chance to see some of the youngsters. Let Alex DH until he can get at least 700. When Judge is back from DL, bring him up. Let Rob play first since the front office insists that Hicks has to be in right.
On the McCann to the Braves rumors - I'm not sure that it might not still be worked. A lot of the problem is money - Atlanta is opening another new ball park (geez that's the second since '96) and having Brian return as an experienced & former Brave could boost attendance. Though he has the proverbial no trade clause don't expect that to be a road block as he has a home and family in the Atlanta area.
and this has been my trade-deadline update on the Yankee front at least smileys with beer
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Beltran to Texas - Nova to Pitt

toga1459August 01, 2016 04:25PM