Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trade Deadline Coming

July 18, 2017 01:58PM
I think I hate this time of year - no matter how much I love the Yankees & Baseball season - trying to keep up with the rumors and speculations of trades in the headlines drives a body nutso. It's one thing when we throw things around here at TYB but when the media tosses them around or worse an agent drops names driving up the value of their client. These days it's starting & relief pitchers possibly a 1st sacker for us. We have some holes BUT no way do I want to mortgage the farm for a rental. We may be in a funk after a hot start - Judge & Sanchez struggling; Clippard, Betances, Chapman having issues out of the pen. Aaron is hitting with pop but just missing his sweet spot or getting robbed on a good D play; Gary hasn't been as accurate with throws to 2nd as last summer - wonder if just maybe there's some residual weakness from his arm injury. It's still fun to watch the kids come up, make their first appearance, get that first MLB hit or K. Last night we saw Caleb Smith's indoctrination - that 3rd inning was his downfall but he shows promise. We have to remember we're watching young men trying to move up the ladder in their profession - some will succeed, others will struggle; some just won't be able to cut the pressure of playing in New York. but how lucky are we too watch them grow & mature. I could do it without the media stupidity
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trade Deadline Coming

toga827July 18, 2017 01:58PM